What is a Knowledge Community?
Where Talented People Mesh and Innovation Shines
Wexford Science & Technology, LLC works collaboratively with client institutions to help create and build vibrant, mixed-use, amenity-rich “Knowledge Communities.” These Knowledge Communities operate as a nexus for academia, the private sector and the public sector and offer access to strategic research resources and business services that, when harnessed into a single location, provide for an environment that is ripe for innovation.
The live/work/play environment that Knowledge Communities offer helps to advance strategic institutional goals while acting as a catalyst for significant regional, economic and community development impacts.
Key Components of a Knowledge Community:
Research and Innovation
- Research institution–sponsored core facilities, clinical trials infrastructure, sponsored research opportunities, top-tier researchers, commercialization opportunities
- Federal, state and local grants, tax credits and loans; angel investment dollars; venture capital; tenant improvement dollars
- State-of-the-art wet and dry laboratories, accelerator space for early-stage companies, office space, conferencing facilities, and more
- On-site support to assist with all aspects of your business including commercialization services, international soft landing services for companies entering the US market, business development and marketing services
- Availability of qualified talent from two-year associate degree level to MBAs and PhDs
- Workforce training programs
- Spaces that encourage casual and formal interaction so that community members can learn and connect
- “Lunch and Learn” sessions, investor speed dating, entrepreneurial sessions and scientific lectures, networking events and more
- Proximity to and regular interaction with scientists, entrepreneurs and thought leaders in similar industries
- Restaurants, banking, wireless internet access, indoor and outdoor venues to work remotely